It is the act of making significant changes to a website’s technology, structure, design, or location in order to have better online visibility.
A website migration redirects all of your old webpages to new pages in order to reduce any negative influence on your rankings caused by moving or changing your site.
Types of website migrations
1. Site Location Changes 2. Design & UX changes 3. Platform changes 4. Content changes
Site Location Changes
- Moving or merging part of the site - Changing mobile set-up (AMP, PWA) - HTTP To HTTPS/ HTTP2 - Domain Change/ Rebranding
Design & UX changes
- Site performance changes - Media changes - UX-driven changes across devices - Look & feel changes
- Upgrading platform version - Moving to a new platform - Introducing new platform features - Integrating different platforms
- Consolidating pages/ content - Adding / removing pages - Adding / removing / hiding content - Introducing new languages/ locales
If you want to learn more about this in detail, then click on the button given below.